Tuesday, 10 September 2024

About Cleo

 BEHOLD THE WONDERS OF 

MERAKI STUDIO - BY CLEO

Bohemian

[noun] A person who is interested in art, music, and/or literature, and lives in a very informal way, ignoring the usually accepted ways of behaving. 

Source: Nepenthe (Pinterest)

    My name is Nguyen Ngoc Thao Nguyen, or Cleo, and "bohemian" is how I would describe myself. Art has always been such an important part of who I am, a crucial part of my identity. Through the way I could feel music flow through my body while dancing, or the immense joy of flickering a paintbrush, or the tears falling during a certain movie scene, I just know that I was meant to pursue this passion.

    "Meraki" means "to do something with soul, creativity, or love; to put something of yourself into your work". Because of this definition, I chose "Meraki" as the name for the blog as to remind myself to strive for uniqueness by adding slight touches of my personality into different oeuvres. 
 

        

🍵⋆。°🍡°⋆. ࿔*:・✩°🕊️⋆🌿.♡


🧸Why did I choose Media?

      As a teenager in this generation, I realized that I always have to "do my best". Constantly seeking validation from others, being sold the idea that without qualifications or trophies, I may never achieve anything. When all this stress and anxiety become too hard to handle,  I find myself indulging in the consolation of movies and films. It is my way of "escaping", depicting myself in another dimension, floating among the clouds with Peter Pan or losing a slipper while running from a prince in the middle of the night.  Watching movies is not only my coping mechanism, it is also a terrific method to remind myself that "there are no limits to the imagination". The human brain can be truly fascinating once we let be free, with no social boundaries or anything else that may confine it. And so that is what I am here to do, to find out how far my imagination can go, letting in run wild and free, and how would I manipulate all the other elements such as soundtrack, lighting, or editing to make those imaginations come alive. 





🌺A little about my preferences.

   While being open to any genre, I often gravitate towards science-fiction, horror, and psychological. These are the ones that really illustrate our capability as humans, both mentally and physically. I'm guessing it's the adrenaline that excites me the most. Some texts that stood out to me the most are "The Haunting of Hill House" and "Interstellar". However, I do sometimes enjoy more calming ones: "Dead Poet Society" or "LaLaLand" (despite the sad endings). 

My favorite cinematic quote of all time:

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."

John Keating _ Dead Poet Society






No comments:

Post a Comment

THE END

COMING TO AN END... After stressful days and sleepless nights while stripping every ounce of energy in my body and brain, I can't believ...