CAMERA MOVEMENT PRACTICAL
I was quite lost and perplexed when I initially met this assignment since I have not once held a professional camera with the intention to record or film anything. I struggled to set up the camera onto the tripod to stabilize it. However, along with a couple of friends, I finally managed to establish the equipment into place. From there, a teammate suggested coming up with a simple narrative, a straightforward storyline that wouldn't require the provision of additional context or dialogues. After some moments of discussion, we landed on a romantic tale between the figures of Godzilla and a little boy (the figure of Godzilla was given prior to the filming session as part of the task).
The order of the camera movements included goes along the list:
A downward-vertical panning motion showing Godzilla as the main character in the middle of the frame.
Zoom out: showing more of the background, depicting Godzilla standing on a surface.
Godzilla is then shown flying across the air by tracking movement, quickly landing in another setting where the boy is "waiting" next to a plant.
Zoom into a close-up of the figures
Zoom out and start circling the two characters.
A complete 360-degree turn at high angle
Ending with final zoom-in as Godzilla and the boy kissed.
It was tricky to have our subject focused on the screen at all times, especially during courses of action (movement of the camera or the subject, and maybe even both at the same time). Moreover, it was extremely difficult to show a smooth change in camera angle (such as during a 360 degree, where the perspective would constantly change). If there was a chance to re-do, I would definitely pay more attention to ensuring that the character is always focused and gives the scene enough coverage. Furthermore, I would figure out another method of having Godzilla fly in the air to make it seem more realistic, instead of having someone pick it up which truly dilutes the sense of seriousness.
No comments:
Post a Comment